- Scalable from single user to hundreds of users. Only the hardware has to be upgraded to allow this.
- User-friendly interface and a short learning curve for users to become familiar with the package, this translates into reduced support requirements and greater productivity.
- Seamless integration and information sharing between modules.
- Data can be imported and exported in a variety of formats.
- Speed of data capture has been made a high priority, and as such drop-down lists, defaults, function keys, and pattern learning is used where possible.
- All types of printers are supported, including Laser, DeskJet, Line/dot-matrix and thermal printers.
- Database backup, recovery, defragmentation, and compaction are built into the software.
- Inter-branch transfers allow information to be exported/imported to/from any site. Data transfers are fully audited. Failed batches can be detected and re-run.
- Past, present, and projected financials can be drawn at any time.
- Interfacing to any accounting package that supports web services or batch importing of financial data is supported.
- All the volume intensive financial processing is catered for within the package such as client/supplier invoicing, debits, credits, deposits, journals, statements, age analysis and financial reporting.
- All changes to information, data transfers, invoice runs, and month-ends are audited.
- Stringent data integrity rules are in place throughout the database to prevent anomalies from occurring.
- Provision for agent rate sheets so that debtor and creditors charges can be compared for gross profit analysis by period, client, agent, route, and service.
- Proof of delivery information can be stored in text and image format and is integrated throughout, including creditors and invoicing.
- Inter-branch and agent charges are automatically calculated while capturing waybills.
- It's a few clicks to produce invoices and statements. Invoices can be generated daily, weekly, monthly and on-demand.
- Receiver, service, origin, destination, and agent defaults and associations can be defined at various levels which helps prevent data capture errors.
- Export of information at various levels (waybill, invoice, client, service, or category) to any accounting package is provided for with an audit trail being kept of what volume and value has been export on what date and by whom.
- Collection, manifest, waybill and POD data each add value to one another by sharing information and by comparing what has been capturing in each stage to identify anomalies.
- There's provision for annotations, notes and comments on waybills, manifests, POD's, payments, credits, and debits. These can optionally relay through to tracking.
- Online help desk to raise queries and search the knowledge base.
Freight-Focus is divided into 8 modules based on function.
Modules share information between one another, so data entry takes place once and appears throughout.
- Comprises of the scanning, indexing, retrieval and archiving of documents (waybills, trip-sheets, manifests, cheques, legal documents, test certificates, etc.).
- Indexing of scanned documents by account number/client, supplier, reference number (typically waybill number/senders reference), date, document type, and any other key information you deem necessary.
- Bar code recognition dramatically reduces the indexing time and capture errors. Image batches can optionally be auto-indexed, and only the remaining images manually indexed.
- Image enhancement tools are provided to improve the image quality.
- Images can be retrieved from any storage media (hard drive, CD,DVD, etc.) based on one or more criteria, and can be annotated, flipped, zoomed, rotated, etc.
- Images can be printed, faxed or e-mailed immediately or scheduled on a specific date and time with or without annotations.
- Images can be archived onto any target media based on criteria such as document type, client, date range, target size, etc.
- Text files can be merged with templates and then published to a website.
- Document numbers can be verified against your billing system.
- Scanning certain document types can automatically update your financial package, e.g. the POD status.
- Waybill capturing is integrated with collections, manifests, trip sheets, imaging, tracking, and on-site (or other vendor) file imports, which aids in pre-capturing and ensures the integrity of this vital information which is used throughout and is the basis of billing. This includes the rating of waybills based on an agent and client tariff structure that caters for almost every conceivable rating method.
- Quotations can be captured, queried and printed.
- Data capture includes debit and credit notes, payments, collection requests, manifests, trip sheets, tracking, international shipments, text POD and master file information such as debtors, consignees, towns, hubs, services, special services, tariffs, etc.
- Standard reports include quotes, pre-prints, waybills, labels, collection sheets and lists, manifests, trip sheets, waybill listings, invoices, statements, age analysis (current and historic) grouped in a variety of ways, agent charges and invoices, inter-branch charges, detailed and summarised sales analysis reports grouped in a variety of ways, insurance analysis, data capturer statistics, shipment analysis by client, branch, service, account type, sales representative, route, etc.
- Standard interface to SAP, AccPac, CompuClear, Brilliant/Pastel,QuickBooks, QSA, and Dovetail where all financial information can be exported by date range, group code, client and account type. Provision can be made to import and export information to and from almost any accounts package.
- Rate escalations are provided for by client, agent, service, route and account type by percentage or implicit value on specified tariffs.
- Export and Import of data is catered for in predefined or user-defined layouts and can take place on a scheduled basis.
- Predefined and user-defined queries and reports on any information within the database.
- Highly configurable security options to restrict access to screens, reports and toolbars.
- Many settings to configure the software according to your preferences such as the waybill/label printer, default rates, VAT percentage, etc.
- Detailed stock item information can be retained which allows reporting on stock in a variety of ways.
- Receiving, dispatch and inter-branch/warehouse transfers are catered for so that all stock movements are audited.
- Dispatch of stock is integrated with the capture of waybills which reduces the workload and ensures no loss of billing.
- Clients can place their orders for stock on the Internet which allows them to check stock levels prior to ordering.
- Stock that is due to expire can be identified in terms of the quantity and location thereof.
- Waybill and parcel scanning at every entry and exit point of the warehouse, as well as within the warehouse which provides detailed parcel tracking information that is available to staff and clients via on-screen queries or the Internet.
- Parcels are scanned at acceptance, locating, dispatch, receiving and return stages. Floor (stock take) and exception reports can be generated at any time.
- For smaller clients, waybill and parcel movements can be captured at key stages to compile tracking information.
- Based on acceptance information, mis-routing of parcels and overloading of trucks can be avoided.
- Weigh station information can be imported and associated with each waybill thereby reducing rating errors.
- Interfaces already written to vehicle tracking systems and PDA devices to obtain truly live tracking information.
- Supplier charges are automatically calculated per waybill, or their invoice amounts captured and allocated to a selection of waybills based on criteria or user selection. Agent charges can then be compared to client billing to assess the margins per branch, agent, route, service, date range, etc.
- Supplier charges can be viewed on-screen or in hard-copy formats based on criteria.
- Reporting on margins and service levels per agent and route.
- Rating and printing of waybills and labels for any carrier regardless of what tariff structure or stationary they use.
- Import of consignees from any file format to save on capture time and eliminate errors.
- Software is able to run in both stand-alone and client-server modes.
- Data can be exported in any format to comply with the billing system requirements.
- Built-in report writer allows reports to be customised as the need arises in a user-friendly drag and drop interface.
- Allows the rating of shipments before they are sent which increases the integrity of information and cuts down on the duplication of work.
- Maintenance of master file information including sender details, receiver details, hubs and towns, services, special services, regional charges,discounted routes, etc.
- Capture waybills and quotes comprising of the following :
- Waybill number (not applicable for quotes).
- Sender and receiver name, address and contact details.
- Senders name and reference number(s).
- Cost centre and order number.
- Services and other charges.
- Insurance and invoice value (if applicable).
- Collection and delivery person and date and time.
- Origin and destination, which can be identified by postal code, or town name.
- Number and parcels and actual mass batch totals.
- Number of pieces, description, length, breadth, height, volumetric mass (calculated), and actual mass.
- Breakdown of shipment rating provided (optional).
- Printing of waybills and labels can be done after concluding each waybill or in batch form when required.
- Variety of system settings catered for to customise the software.
- On screen queries to view information captured, with the ability to filter, sort and group data according to your requirements.
- Price escalations catered for by client, service, or route by implicit value or percentage.
- Tariffs can be automatically updated by disk or network file generated by the accounting module or billing system.
- Database maintenance including backup, compaction, and restore functions catered for.
- Waybill and label reprints by waybill number, number range or date range available.
- Default rates can be specified at a global, client/agent or tariff level there by eliminating duplication and reducing the amount to data capture.
- Text and imaged POD, tracking information, invoices, statements and stock are available. Further information can be added to this on request.
- Branding such as logo?s, colours, and style can be customized.
- Menus are changed dependent upon login.
- User login determines what they are able to see.
- All screens support query criteria and the download, printing and e-mailing of results.